A mouse may look adorable in cartoons but mice are troublesome pests. Effective control of mice infestation involves prevention and mice population reduction. Here is a list of some quick and effective ways to get rid of mice:
- Traps. Trapping is an effective method of getting rid of mice. The traps need to be placed in strategic locations, on the ground close to the walls, and in dark corners. There are two types of traps, snap traps and electrocution traps.
- Glue boards. Mice stick to them when they attempt to cross them. Very easily available at grocery stores.
- Baits. Baits to control mice are foods such as peanut butter or cheese mixed with rat poison.
- Sanitation. Keeping the home clean and clutter-free plays a key role in achieving control of mice. Keep snacks and pet food well sealed and packed.
- Exclusion. Exclusion is the most successful and permanent form of health mouse control. It involves blocking all possible points from where the mice can enter your home. Eliminate all the entry gaps in openings larger than 1/4 inch. Ensure the doors windows and screens fit tightly. And avoid things like plastic screening, rubber, vinyl, wood, and other gnawable materials for plugging the holes.